Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

SketchUCam - blackbox error 36 unused code

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Kevin Brewer, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Kevin Brewer

Builder

Hello, I setup my machine a while ago, and back in January got it running and was able to do some simple cuts. I have not changed anything! but now I am trying to make a D-shaped cutout, and keep getting Error 36, after a cm or so or cutting. I am using SketchUCam and the Blackbox controller. I have attached some Pics and the code, but nothing jumps out. Any thoughts?

thanks

Attached Files:

2. Misterg

Misterg Veteran
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

There's a problem with the code - it has I & J values for G1 commands (I and J are for arcs: G2 & G3 commands).

Code:
    G01 X10.466 Y10.338
     X11.1721 Y11.2573 I3.8532 J-2.226 F1969
     X12.0919 Y11.9632 I3.1458 J-3.1474
    etc. etc.
    Has the file been manually edited?

If not, something is up the creek in the CAM software.

3. Kevin Brewer

Builder

That's what I was thinking (starting to get into G-codes). The only thing I modified was commenting out the first G53, the rest is how it came out of SketchUcam. What you say makes sense, as the only cut it made was the straight edge on the D-shape. Thanks for the help - now to the SketchUCam forum....

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

Can keep it here, @David the swarfer will see the post next time he's on the forum, just please wait for his reply

5. Kevin Brewer

Builder

Sure, as a quasi-update I played with SketchUCam, and sometimes it doesn't include the G02. It seems related to and order of operation, I will play with it a bit more to positively ID the issue... I drew a circle then, with a line, took off part of the circle to get the D-shape. I then re-drew it from scratch and it worked that time (but I likely did it slightly differently). But I made a similar cut out for a USB connector and it did the same thing. Good news it that you can just add the G02 in the G-code editor and not loose your work piece (of course better to check the G-code first.).

6. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team

I just drew a rectangle, drew a circle inside it, drew a line to cut off part of the circle, placed an inside cut inside that, and generated gcode and I get perfect gcode with the correct G2 preface for the arcs.
    Please send me your Sketchup file so I can debug this.

Which version of Sketchup are you using?

Attached Files:

7. Kevin Brewer

Builder

Hi, I am unfortunately / fortunately on vacation as of today, and don't have access to my laptop with the files on it, but what you describe is pretty much what I did. I am using Sketchup 2017, with the most current version of SketchUCam. When I am back I will upload that file.