Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Simple 20X20 Belt-and-pinion System

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by greymather, Apr 12, 2022.

1. greymather

Builder

Hi there. I'm brand new to v-slot systems, so sorry if this question is a bit basic.

In the V-Slot Belt & Pinion System video at 0:45, a simple gantry is shown mounted on a 20X20 v-slot rail:

But I can't see any build information given for this setup.
    I feel like I'm missing something simple, but I see in the video that the setup works fine. Is there a reason there are only examples of 20X20 with an idler pulley loop setup instead of belt and pinion? The only one I can think of is that the cord has to move with the motor, where-as the belt-driven one is more stationary.

I think the parts I would need are:
    But there's no way to confirm.

For a bit of context, the project this is for is just a simple device that moves a small tube that distributes liquid. The tolerance could be up to a cm, and I'll probably cannibalize it after I'm finished.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The actuator kits are just some of the more popular assemblies kitted together - use the complete parts catalog (like lego for adults) - to put the modular system together in just about any way you can imagine

If in doubt, plan it out in CAD: OpenBuilds | 3D Warehouse