Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Setting up of Mach 3 for a Open Build. . .

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by WookieWampa, Sep 14, 2024.

1. WookieWampa

Builder

Hello folks I hope someone can help. I had built a Gatton CNC with a Xylotech control box. Gatton had pictures of his Mach 3 settings so I put in the numbers and everything worked fine. Years later the Gatton CNC (being made from plywood) started becoming out of whack, unprecise. So I decided to build a OpenBuild 1515. Being on a fixed income I decided to use the Nema 23 steppers and the Xylotech control box to save money. Will replace later on with the Black Box when I can afford it. But for now I have no clue where to start on setting up Mach 3 for a new machine. The lead screw for the Gatton was considerably larger then the 8mm lead screw I'm using for the 1515 build. On top of all of that I have a hard time focusing do to my MS so it is hard trying to put the ton of info out there together to get this CNC running. By the way I can get the CNC to jog in all directions but when I send gcode nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.