Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Running and Powering Router

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Anthony Atkins, Aug 29, 2023.

1. Anthony Atkins

Builder

Just finished assembling everything and noticed the is no place to plug in the router. how do I control the RPMs?

Do I just turn the RPMs all the way up and control the path speed and depth with the Black Box?

Thank you,

2. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

You have the router11? Many people use the IOT switching power strip to allow on off control, for RPM set ahead of time, appropriate for the material and tool size.
    for example; I typically use small bits 1-3mm in diameter and mostly cut using 2-4 settings (smaller bits use higher rpm typically)

Cheers
    Gary

3. Anthony Atkins

Builder

Yes, I have a router 11. So then it is a pre set game where you find out what RPM you need based on the bit size and material. Then set the speed on the router and then use the code with the power strip above to turn on / off the router or manually. then the speed of the path is controlled in the code?

Thank you,

4. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

The router is turned on and off by the gcode, yes you select the speed manually turning the knob before starting the project, the feed rate is determined by you and entered into the cam software.
    Look in the Blackbox Docs for how to hook up the IOT power and control signal for the router.
    Lots to learn but you will get the hang of it.
    Gary

5. Anthony Atkins

Builder

Awesome,

Thank you for the help.