Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Router Vibrations Reverberating Through Machine When Not Moving

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Kyle Golombos, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Kyle Golombos

Builder

Hey all,

Since I started I’ve come a long way and created some really cool projects.
    As I was looking to give my machine some love and make some tweaks, I began noticing a few of the wheels on my Lead1515 were a bit loose and not touching the rails. This was on all axes.

After tweaking a few wheels in certain places with the eccentrics, I turned my router back on and noticed that the vibrations were reverberating through the entire machine MUCH more than before... To the point where I could feel it in the rails toward the rear of the machine when I had the x parked toward the front. It made quite a bit of noise as well.

I’ve rewatched some of the videos I used to put the machine together and made some adjustments with tensioning and now I still can’t get it to stop humming loudly.

If anyone has any advice let me know. The sound seems to get better when I make adjustments to the Z axis but it only stops humming most when I loosen it up and the wheels have some play. Then when I move the z up and down it intermittently hums.

thanks

2. Christian James

Christian James Journeyman
    Builder

Sounds like the router bearings.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.