Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Robotic arm. Moving canvas. Painting with robotic arm on moving canvas.

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Arvi, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Arvi

Arvi New
    Builder

Hello, we are a group of friends, and we have built a robotic arm for painting. Actually now we are teaching it to paint. The arm weights approx. 25 kilos.
    The very first plan was to build a vertical canvas holder that would move the canvas XY. I was thinking of C-beam or V-slot table (or something else). The Rotating Easel Adapter (shouldn't be the exact adapter) would have been attached to the plate, which would be attached to the system I was thinking about. I found out that the C-beam could be put vertically, and it has a force of 26lb (115N).
    For now, we have decided to put the robot arm on some kind of surface and move it on the X axis for 1.5 - 2 meters left-right. Put the canvas in front of it and move it on the Y axis 1.5 - 2 meters up-down.
    I wanted to ask if somebody made something similar or has any ideas for that? It would be much easier for me to find all the answers if I had a possibility to go to the warehouse with all the parts and found out the best way. For now, I am living in a very small town in Crete, and I do not know such warehouses.
    I am trying to build such a project for the first time, and I am not sure if I am putting everything in the "right place".
    Attaching the example of easel adapter picture.

Thank you in advance!
    Arvis

Attached Files: