Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

RigidOko2

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by SecretSpy711, Oct 16, 2017.

1. SecretSpy711

SecretSpy711 Well-Known
    Builder

Rijad likes this.
  2. SecretSpy711

SecretSpy711 Well-Known
    Builder

Working on re-designing the Z axis. There are some aspects of the CNCnewbie units that I don't like, so I now plan to make my own using probably 20mm profile linear guide (same as used on X and Y), and 3/8 leadscrew (using the excess cut from my Y screws possibly).

Haven't decided whether I want to go for the full 4 bearing setup, or use 2 of the long variety bearings.

3. SecretSpy711

SecretSpy711 Well-Known
    Builder

Also reconsidering my bearing setup to capture the leadscrew. The bearing blocks I bought from servocity are looking pretty wimpy.

Here's the bearing blocks I bought for the X axis:
    1/2" Bore, Face Thru-Hole Pillow Block

I believe it uses this bearing:
    http://www.product-config.net/catalog3/output/82052925/specsheet.pdf. Static load rating of 71 lbs, and I have 2 of them. Should theoretically be enough but I'm more worried about the fact that they are so thin and I am not planning on turning down my leadscrew

Considering something more like this, and I wish I had seen it sooner:
    1/2" Two Bolt Flange Bearing UCFL201-08

4. Marshy

Marshy New
    Builder

Hi secret spy what program did you design the machine in?

5. SecretSpy711

SecretSpy711 Well-Known
    Builder

Creo

6. SatMike

SatMike Well-Known
    Builder

Would you be interested/willing in sharing your build files? I've been piecing together the components to make a very similar system, and would love to take a closer look at your plates and potentially use them as a starting point.

Thanks.

7. SecretSpy711

SecretSpy711 Well-Known
    Builder

Sorry for the delay, I hadn't checked the thread in a while since I haven't been able to work on this recently. I will see about posting files when I get some time.

The Z axis long-version bearings and rail just arrived, so I can make some more progress soon. I was waiting until after the holiday bills had passed before buying the motors and drivers, then the machine will be mostly complete. I also still need drag chain, a motion controller and Mach3 software. I was also considering getting some more extrusions for the base instead of mounting it directly to my wood torsion box.