Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

reviving an old build

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by dean knipping, Dec 4, 2020.

1. dean knipping

Builder

I had finished my C-Beam a few years ago and before I had everything dialed in I moved and the CNC was tucked away in storage. Well I just got it back out and am having to learn everything all over again but fortunately I still had the laptop I had setup to use with this so I at least had a starting point.

I am using a CNC xPro but not sure what version it is but it's at least 3-4 years old so could be an original. I got GRBL updated since I got a message from the terminal that the software was 'sadly out of date' and have made sure everything is working (at least by using the jog buttons) but I am questioning the travel speed since it is running quite slow and I haven't been able to figure out how to get faster movements (again, this is just on jog).

I will load a dummy cut file tonight to see how that goes, but I thought I would throw the question out there to see how fast I should see things moving?

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You have not mentioned what GUI you are using.
    In openbuildscontrol there is the jog speed right there in among the jog controls
    bCNC will always jog at max rate, so will UGS I think. So in those it will depend on your max rate settings in GRBL.
    read all of this
    knowledge is power (-:

3. dean knipping

Builder

David...that was exactly what I was looking for. I was able to figure it out and it was the G110-G112 values and have them moving at 240"/min and anything much over that and they are stalling out so I am happy with that!