Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Recommendations for anchoring V-Slot rail to concrete floor

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Awestruck, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Awestruck

Awestruck New
    Builder

Hi -

I'm putting together a design for a table/equipment mount of sorts for my home's mechanical equipment room. I'm wondering if others have anchored V-slot to the floor and if there was any recommendations.

One thought that I had was to use the L-plates, one side on the table leg, the other I'd use Tapcons through to the concrete floor.

Any other ideas?

2. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Master
    Builder

Nah, I'm with you; Tapcons or RedHeads through L-brackets is the quickest and most effective way of fastening it down, particularly semi-permanently. Drilling directly through the V-Slot is perfectly possible, but doesn't seem like a best practice to me in most situations.

For more permanence (or belt and braces), VHB tape or epoxy would probably also work if the concrete's clean/new enough.

3. Awestruck

Awestruck New
    Builder

Looking at brackets, I wonder if using the inside/outside corner bracket would help just a bit more with stability as it anchoring can be a touch further out.

I was looking at Unistrut also for this task, but I like OpenBuilds ideas for some future expansion thoughts I had for this equipment rack, of sorts. In unistrut I saw this bracket and kind of wished something existed like it in Openbuils.

[​IMG]

4. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Master
    Builder

Depends what you're doing. Unistrut is significantly stronger and also has some linear motion options, just obviously not as precise as V-Slot.

3/4" square aluminum bar with holes cross-drilled through it- 3/16" centered on one side, 5mm 10mm from the edge on the other, is also an alternative to L-bracket for parallel applications. Gussets work well for perpendicular mounting.

Mark Carew likes this.