Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Putty to Arduino Uno communication issues (Openbuilds CONTROL ok))

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Ernesto Rodríguez, Jun 18, 2022.

?

Why Putty to Arduino not working ?

1. Missing characters in the Putty tx.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Other reason.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ernesto Rodríguez

Builder

Hi to all, I´m using a grbl controller to run the Arduino Uno b using the Openbuilds CONTROL software v1.0.321 to send the command orders. The software works great with the grbl and the movements are accurate with the proper configuration. Thank you in advance for all this, it is extremely helpful.

Using this known and working configuration, I tried to disconnect the Openbuilds CONTROL and send the movement commands by using the Putty serial communication. I successfully connect with the Arduino using the serial configuration 115200-N-1 and received the ok confirmation from the Arduino.
    I even get the response of other commands, like the $$ status and others.

But, I am not getting any movement response when introducing the movement command codes, that are supposed to be working, like moving on just one axis, for example, like $J=G91G21X10F375.
    I would like to get some ideas about the reason behind this, to understand why is working when using the command terminal in the Openbuilds CONTROL interface, and why is not working when using the Putty serial communication with the same movement instruction, even if the comm is well established.
    I added 2 images to help with this issue. Thank you guys for your help and comments.

putty_arduino_com08_02.png putty_arduino_com08_03.png

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

change your putty line endings, try CRLF

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. Ernesto Rodríguez

Builder

Thank you for the reply, I try the CRLF, CR, and LF, and didn't work really, but then I change the Line discipline config from auto to Force on, and then it works.
    Looks like it is better to send the code line together by using the Force on option (for further details see https://documentation.help/PuTTY/documentation.pdf)
    Thanks again for the help David.

putty_arduino_com08_04.png

David the swarfer and sharmstr like this.