Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Pulling trigger on workbee 1010

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by N3boyd, Nov 12, 2018.

1. N3boyd

N3boyd New
    Builder

So I'm about to pull the trigger on the workbee 1010. The only thing is the controller/driver is out of stock... Does anyone have any recommendations for one?

I've been using fusion360 and would like to stay with it and have windows 10...

Thanks in advance!

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

For about the same price, you could buy a genuine arduino, the DQ542MA drivers, and an arduino screw shield to make hooking stuff up easier. The result is you have way better drivers. However, it is not as "plug and play." But if you read the GRBL wiki regarding the pin outs of the board, and read some of the resources here on the forum like this post for example, you will get it figured out. That post is pretty much all I used to figure out how to hook mine up. There is also this: DQ542MA Wiring Methods

Mark Carew and Rick 2.0 like this.
  3. Halbinath

Halbinath New
    Builder

If you want to stay with the xpro board, it looks like Spark concepts has 14 in stock right now. You could order the board from them separately.

N3boyd likes this.
  4. N3boyd

N3boyd New
    Builder

I actually went to spark and ordered one yesterday. Will hopefully be assembling later on this week!