Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Problem with Power Case

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Ruben Barrios, May 3, 2019.

1. Ruben Barrios

Builder

I just received my black box and went ahead and got a 24v power supply and power case to go with it. when I tried to assemble the Power Case, I noticed the front two panels did not seem to sit right. Upon inspection, I found that a solder joint is keeping the panels from sitting flush by about 3/32" and is noticable when looking at the left side connectors. So my question is, do I send it back, or accept the slight flex? The third option of shimming the other two points will not look right as it makes the connectors sit too far back.

Thanks for your response.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Please post some pictures, I can help you check: if its on the solder pads between the metal brackets, you could scrape off the solder, or use a soldering iron to pull off the solder.
    If you'd prefer a replacement, http://support.openbuilds.com/support/home will be able to help

3. Ruben Barrios

Builder

I went ahead and grinded a little off the pad and then shifted the parts to have it seat level. Now I am having an issue with the software, but I will address that in a separate post.

MaryD and Peter Van Der Walt like this.