Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Probe question and dust boot issues

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by outtamindcreations, Oct 26, 2021.

1. outtamindcreations

Builder

This is my first post and I have not found the search function yet (from iPhone) - so I truly apologize if either of these questions have been asked already. I promise to find the search function after this.

With that being said, I have a OB Lead 1515:
    1) Is there a way to change the units in the probe section of the software? The bit size reads in mm and I would rather have it read in inches.

2) Has anyone experienced issues with the dust boot not clearing the bottom of the z axis carriage? I ruined two carves because I couldn’t get the bit to cut all the way through. I finally found out that the back of the boot was hitting the cap plate on the bottom of the extrusion. I plan on taking a sander to the backside of the boot to get it to clear. I was just wondering if this is a common issue as a design flaw?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Not at this time. Keep a conversion chart at hand

Magnifying glass - top right corner, or from the Forums > Search forums menu, or direct link: Search Threads and Posts | OpenBuilds

#2 Peter Van Der Walt, Oct 27, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021