Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Probe ‍♂️

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Piotr Kolodziejczak, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Correct! Unplugging a powered up motor results in the collapsing magnetic field inducing a reverse current in the remaining coils, often enough to cause damage as well.

3. Piotr Kolodziejczak

Builder

Yup ;( moving forward unplug the effen motor!!!!
    Yes shes fried :( and yes i did use a drill :(

4. Piotr Kolodziejczak

Builder

If i sent you guys the box would you be able to fix it?

5. Peter Van Der Walt

We do not offer a repair service (labour would make than an uneconomical prospect sadly, particular in this example where a large backfed would have caused extensive damage to a lot of different components like stepper drivers, power supply, microcontrollers, and possibly much more). We recommend replacement as the best option.

6. Piotr Kolodziejczak

Builder

I did order another one…. But was trying to see if that one can be repaired…

7. Peter Van Der Walt

As mentioned, not in a way that makes economical sense - tracing out all the damage is several hours, and then replacing components - the labour alone would be equivalent to two or three BlackBoxes sorry
    We also don't offer it as a service.

8. Piotr Kolodziejczak

Builder

9. Piotr Kolodziejczak

Builder

Not gonna make another post….
    Just a quick question
    Can i connect two prox switches? cuz box only has 3 and i need kinda
    2 for y and one for x and one for z … possible?
    3 wire prox switch

10. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

If by "proximity switch" you are talking about limit switches, here is the various ways you can hook them up with a standard GRBL controller using GRBL 1.1 Wiring Limit Switches · gnea/grbl Wiki

11. Peter Van Der Walt

We'd rather recommend our Xtension limits. Easier to do parallel than inductives (sometimes needs external circuitry to OR/AND the signal)

12. Piotr Kolodziejczak

Builder

Mister fella…. :)
    So got the new box ( new ) lol and interface :)

you said something to let you know or something cuz need to change pins or something to hook up the interface… :)
    And yes now i get 0-10v on m3 lol yes goes from 0-10 v ish :) tried to set exactly 10 but if i do then half of it wont be 5v and 1/4 of it wont be 2.5v…
    If i set 10 then half is more like 4.87v and 1/4 is like 2.67v bit if set to 10.11v is like half 5.02 and 1/4 is like 2.49v … hmm so i guess ill leave it at 10? :)

and what about the interface? Before i fry that one too lol

and as for them proxy switches…. I meant connect two together… as two on Y axis will be connected together and plugged in to Y limit on the box… and they are 5v 3wire with led on them image.jpg image.jpg

will it still work fine???

and one last thing since got ur att :) :)

how many things in total can the box trigger…
    As in to turn on or off… not gonna go into the details just yet….

ugh :( okey maybe like turn leds on/off pump on/off… then like vac or vac table or couple other 5-36v’s things…. Like basically all at once… ?? :) :) :)
    Like for 110v things i know you guys sell that power bank sorta thing lol but all other things lol
    U know what i mean lol

please ??? :) :) :)

13. Peter Van Der Walt

I can't remember something off the top of my head, but if I would have, I'd think I wanted us to check the 0-10v with a multimeter BEFORE connecting it to a VFD? (so we have a good baseline to know it was working correctly) - which you have already done and confirmed (quoted below). That way we both know the BlackBox was working fine at this point in time, and should the 0-10v stop working - we are on good footing that it got damaged after

(Unless I am remembering wrong, you can always go find where I asked for it and quote the reply if I was wrong then we can revisit. Only thing I can find about Interface was asking you to check the Docs)

There is always a little variance through the range (Its a PWM to 0-10v converter) - but yes set the top end to 10v - just in case the VFD doesn't like going over 10v.

That's exactly what we advise against. As they are not just mechanical "switches" - but active components - they don't (usually) allow hooking up in parallel without one interfering with the other, and often needs some external circuitry to achieve that. Rather fit only one on each axis - use for Homing, then use Soft Limits to prevent accidents. Soft limits are in a way better than hard limits: Stop the bad moves from happening in the first place - rather than stopping them after they already took off. Or use our recommended Xtension Limit Switch Kit switches - more precise/repeatable than inductives and easy to parallel.

See docs:blackbox-x32:layout [OpenBuilds Documentation] for a tour of all the ports.

One exception where there are "shared" usage though: PWM signal goes to PWM plug, but also the Servo port - and also acts as the input for the PWM to 0-10v converter - so PWM/0-10v/Servo = one controllable pin, can't manage them seperately)

14. Piotr Kolodziejczak

Builder

Yes a jumper… thats what u said :)
    There is a little circuit board with connector that came with the interface….
    What do i do witth it? And what jumper? Lol :)

15. Peter Van Der Walt

Read the interface docs (packaging includes stuff for Old Blackbox's too. That particular thing is for BB 4X v2.3-2.7s - not applicable to you)
    3 way jumper should be in the BB packaging too, if you have an Interface older than V1.7. Also covered in the docs

16. Piotr Kolodziejczak

Builder

Yes
    Everything is working perfectly :)
    As it should :)
    Thx guys :)

on a side note…..
    Why cant we use interface and pc at the same time? :( :(

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  17. Peter Van Der Walt

Interface is designed to replace the PC, so that functionality already creates a conflict.
    But mainly both are "hosts". Both can't be in the drivers seat at the same time without fighting.

Both can be made so they are more aware of each other, but as its primary purpose is to replace the PC, its not likely to happen.