Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Post Processor Question

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by FredTheNuke, Apr 29, 2019.

1. FredTheNuke

Builder

OK. So after 2 hours of reading what I was able to google, etc I am would like to ask the forum folks.

In Vcarve Pro using a LEAD 1010 with BlackBox controller I have been using the G-Code MM (*.tap) PP. Is there an advantage to using the Grbl MM (*.gcode) PP?

I have learned that the ATC ones are automatic tool changers (some day - price point is more than the machine).

I have also learned (but am not 100% sure on) that the arcs processors are using G2 and G3 code for non-linear function cutting of arcs/circles. Non-arcs uses G1 code which on a hobby machine like a properly built and calibrated LEAD 1010 should show no difference in output product. G2 and G3 becomes important for 3 dimension objects such as spheres on a 5 axis machine. Is this spot on?????

Thanks, Folks!

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Use the GRBL post.

because GRBL only supports the bare minimum of codes and will throw errors on things like toolchange and tool offsets. a good GRBL post will only output the stuff that GRBL understands and so the whoel system will work better.

GRBL understands G2 and G3 arcs perfectly, within the usual limits of resolution.