Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Post process issue?? with OpenBuilds Fusion360 Postprocessor V1.0.25??

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by MonkeyNutts, May 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. MonkeyNutts

Builder

Hi Guys,

Is there an issue with OpenBuilds Fusion360 Post processor V1.0.25 and I have identified a variation between it and Fusion 360 generic Post GRBL Processor.

I've created posts using post Fusion 360 in build GRBL post & uploaded the Openbuilds cloud variant. When air testing them in Camotics, the Openbuilds variant has this weird drag bit through the stock, and from memory when trying the use it on my machine I was getting error messages, Can't remember what they were but may be able to reproduce. When choosing the Fusion Generic GRBL post and air testing through CAMotics, I don't get the drag bit.

Both uploaded posts are for the same tool paths Fusion Generic GRBL Post.png Openbuild Grbl Post.png Fusion Post.png Openbuilds Post.png Fusion Generic GRBL Post.png Openbuild Grbl Post.png Fusion Post.png Openbuilds Post.png

Regards
    Chris

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

When running the job: Home first, those moves are in G53 and is clearance moves
    Fusion default post uses G28 which is more confusing.

Camotics might not be simulating the Machine Coordinate moves correctly either.

MonkeyNutts likes this.
  3. MonkeyNutts

Builder

I've just reviewed both via NC Viewer // GCode Viewer and Machine Simulator and see what you mean with CAMotics
    Cheers

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

Fair game, our own sim in CONTROL doesn't simulate/preview machine moves eithers, so I am in the habit of not trusting the previews 100% :) but I do trust our Post works great as long as your homing is setup correctly and you remembered to home.

5. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team

The problem is in CAMOTICS as it does not correctly interpret nor display G53 moves.
    I maintain and USE the OB fusion post, and I would have noticed if there was a problem (-: