Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Possible G Code to set the Feedrate in openbuildsCAM

Discussion in 'CAM' started by DaveySLP, Apr 16, 2021.

1. DaveySLP

DaveySLP New
    Builder

Hi Everyone, I have a workbee used as a production machine, and to do so I used the code for a part, then wrote a move to a new coord system (to replicate the same part, automatically, next to it and so on...). Now, that all works great and the machine cuts multiple copies out of one stretch of wood, however, I usually play a little with the manual feed rate slider in openbuilds CAM to start the process at different feed speeds.

The issue I have is that each time I use the G10 P0 L20 command to reset the coordinates (to start the next new piece), the feed rate slider in openbuilds CAM resets itself to 100% again. I normally run those pieces at 150% - 200%. So would love to find a command to put in to get the federate back to 200% to do the next piece?

Thank you in advance :)

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Have a read through gnea/grbl > Realtime override commands about halfway down

In principle that sounds unlikely, overrides and coordinate systems are not connected, can you elaborate?

If you NORMALLY use a faster speed, why not just CAM it up with the correct feedrate from the get-go?

3. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

What cad/cam software are you using? - there may be an easier way to set up multiple copies.
    Alex.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. DaveySLP

DaveySLP New
    Builder

Hi, thanks for your reply, it surprised me too, it could actually be to do with the M codes at the end of each part script to finish the machining cycle that does that, I will edit those and see if that helps.

The reason I want to do it this way is it saves a lot of time to just scale the feedrates with the slider rather than constantly tweaking them in the CAM software (I use fusion 360), as there are a lot of separate feeds in many different tool paths so I find it easier to this :)

5. DaveySLP

DaveySLP New
    Builder

Using fusion 360 for the cam side...

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Yes, that sounds more likely.

7. DaveySLP

DaveySLP New
    Builder

Problem solved, I just ()'d out the M functions at the end and the feed rate stays the same :). Thank you for your input guys!