Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Please wait for machine to be idle before jogging

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Draikes, Dec 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Draikes

Draikes New
    Builder

Hello and hope someone can help

I am new to all this but was a tool and die maker back a long time ago but no cnc experience. I purchased a Vevor 3018 Pro that came with candle software just for me to have a hobby, I am retired and disabled. I really want to use the Openbuilds software instead of candle.

I can connect and start and stop the spindle. When I go to move any axis I get the following message

"Please Wait For Machine To Be Idle Before Jogging". I have no clue and probably in settings somewhere or something I am not doing.

Can someone please help me in detail on what I need to do?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

It means the machine is NOT idle yet. Its busy doing something else (bottom bar of screen will show what state its in). Perhaps alarmed? Check on the screen, it tells you. Also read github.com/gnea/grbl/wiki

3. Draikes

Draikes New
    Builder

Peter

Thank you very much
    You have helped me a lot. I guess I was pushing the directional buttons too quickly and then will alarm. If I do too quickly I have to hit the alarm button and reset.

I have another question. Is there a setting where I can change the delay between pushing the directional buttons? make sense?

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Switch to using Continuous Jogging. Hold down button as far as you need to to. More modern way to jog.

Also, too slow acceleration and max rate values in Grbl Settings is the root cause of long rundowns during jogs