Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Plasma Touch Off probe not working

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by Dbeaulieu, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Dbeaulieu

Dbeaulieu New
    Builder

Hello,

First time setting up a machine. Have the firmware updated to 1.0.377 and sent to the x32. Limit switches installed and homing works. Under troubleshooting the probe switch will show triggered when pressed. Attached is a wrench man file generated with the touch off code applied in OB-CAM and a backup of my settings. When I run a job it lowers my Z and when the switch is depressed the Z just continues to lower.
    The Z has 110 mm of travel overall. I'm sure I have something, or many somethings, not set correctly. Any advice on getting the touch off working is appreciated. Let me know if any additional info is needed.

-David

Attached Files:

2. Dbeaulieu

Dbeaulieu New
    Builder

Hello,

Managed to get touch off working correctly. Not sure how I fixed it. i just went back and reset everything and started over. When I generated the G-code from CAM, the file ran with touch off as expected.

Regards,
    David

3. Gus Mcfarland

Builder

Could you tell me how you "reset" everything, I think I Need that. My touch off worked fine until I tried to adjust the switch
    I can't make it work.

4. Dbeaulieu

Dbeaulieu New
    Builder

Gus, I had a number of backups for the controller and loaded the oldest one I had before most of the changes i had made. Then I removed and reinstalled the cam software on my pc. From there I just went through the settings again adjusting for my table. I have a 100% built from scratch table so needed to measure and adjust to get the strokes and lengths set. I really never figured out what the issue was. Currently I am traveling and no access to my setup so won't be able to send any files for a couple of weeks but if you need something when I get back, I'll send it to you.

David

5. Gus Mcfarland

Builder

thanks I should have made backups and many notes.