Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Plasma cnc "ok to move"

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Chris611, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Chris611

Chris611 New
    Builder

I have a primeweld cut60 that I am goimg to use with my open builds setup. It has the black box 4x. I see the start/stop for the plasma in the black box instructions. The plasma also has an "ok to move" the closes a contact once the arc has been established. Can I use that as an input to the controller? If not, do I need a delay in there so it doesn't move until the arc is started? I have the z axis switch setup to drop the z down till the plasma hits the material, them comes back up and starts the arc.

Thanks

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The BlackBox 4X needs a delay (Grbl had no configurable inputs). The BlackBox X32 runs GrblHAL, and it can be compiled with a plasma plugin that accepts Arc OK signals. The pierce delay option works good though, so no need to go into custom firmware yet, give it a go with our standard Posts that uses the floating head, pierce delay, etc

3. Chris611

Chris611 New
    Builder

Do I use the Laser on/off M3/M5 setting in the software for the Primeweld Cut 60 CNC port connection? I see there is also a plasm on/off. The primeweld doesn't have good directions so I don't know if it's looking for a voltage input or if it's looking to close a switch. The only documentation I find from Primeweld says it's pins 1 & 2 and wire color doesn't matter.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Most plasmas wants you to close contact between those two pins. BlackBox provides a relay for that

5. Chris611

Chris611 New
    Builder

I tried using the new Cut60 to cut a part on the table. After the pierce, I lose connection to the laptop. It's my understanding that this unit has a blow back torch for start up and not HF start. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

6. Chris611

Chris611 New
    Builder

I switched 120v outlets that power the open builds controller and it now cuts. Not sure if that was it or just got lucky...

7. Chris611

Chris611 New
    Builder

I changed PCs from the one I use to run SOLIDWORKS to an old one that I factory reset and now only use for open builds. So far it's worked flawless.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.