Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Perpendicular Problem?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by infinite, May 16, 2017.

1. infinite

infinite New
    Builder

I've checked that Delrin v wheel use in this video is perfect 90 degree, but the sum of (45 Degree angle)-Slot groove is over 90 degree and introduce some sloppy when I push the wheel because the v wheel surface is not in full contact with (45 Degree angle)-Slot. If I let the wheel free run without force, it can run straight without problem. Is this normal? Should wheel surface fully contact with the extrusion?

#1 infinite, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. CiaraB

CiaraB OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Hello. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing these difficulties.

Please reach out to us at '[email protected]' and provide us with your OpenBuilds Part Store Order # so that we can further assist you regarding.

We hope this helps and we look forward to resolving this for you!

3. infinite

infinite New
    Builder

Thank you for reply.

I bought the V-slot from online store in my country since shipping cost from US is high. After I receive the parcel and checked, I've contacted them and they said it is normal and will work after I assemble them with plate. I've measure both the v wheel and v-slot with high quality machinist square, the v wheel is perfect but the v-slot look like 95-100 degree. Also, seem like they have shown running CNC machine using these parts,using Openbuilds plan.

Since the section they display for this extrusion show 45 degree on a side, and should be 90 degree when sum up. And the product I received is different from the drawing make me feel curious. May I ask that this would technically works?

4. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team

You will likely get uneven wear on the wheels but at some point the wear will match the slope. You'll just need to keep adjusting the eccentric spacers to compensate.

This is another case of low quality knockoffs falsely claiming to be OpenBuilds parts. Unless you get them from an official OpenBuilds distributor, they're not OpenBuilds parts.

GrayUK and CiaraB like this.
  5. infinite

infinite New
    Builder

I dont' blame them since they seem legit but didn't say they are OpenBuild distributor also.

Thank you for your help.

6. CiaraB

CiaraB OpenBuilds Team

Hello. Thank you for your response.

Here at OpenBuilds we maintain a high level of quality and support in regards to all of our products, such as the V-Slot Linear Rail.
    All of our parts are designed to work in conjunction with each other as well.

If shipping costs are ever a concern in the future, please feel free to reach out to us at '[email protected]' and we will be happy to look into it further for you.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with.

Thank you,
    OpenBuilds Team

7. GrayUK

GrayUK Master

CiaraB.
    Could be my machine, but the Distributor Map won't open for me? :(
    Gray

8. CiaraB

CiaraB OpenBuilds Team

Hello Gray. Thank you for your response.

Sorry to hear that!
    We checked and are able to pull it up just fine on all of our computers here at HQ. Perhaps it is a browser setting you have turned on?

At any rate, please feel free to reach out to us at '[email protected]' for more information regarding our Distributors if you are interested!

Thank you,
    OpenBuilds Team