Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Parts Storage

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by KaosCNC, Feb 10, 2019 at 9:18 AM.

1. KaosCNC

KaosCNC Well-Known
    Builder

HI - I've accumulated quite a few OB parts all in their little bags they send...

Curious to know if anyone has a suggested storage/organization solution they use to keep everything tidy?

Been looking at locking storage containers on Amazon but haven't found anything I like yet -- thought maybe someone on here who has their parts organization all figured out may share some advice or suggested products off Amazon they are already using -

Thx.

Attached Files:

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Resident Builder Builder

This really comes down to individual preference based on needs, habits and budget. The only things I would suggest would be to make sure the box has a really good latching system to prevent spillage and get a system that is modular and stackable. No matter how big of a box you get you'll eventually find it wasn't big enough.

If you have a Harbor Freight nearby you might go check to see if they have anything you like better than what Amazon has to offer.

Giarc likes this.
  3. Giarc

Giarc Master
    Moderator Builder

The most awesome parts boxes ever are from your local Harbor Freight.
    [​IMG]

I love these things. Parts never mix from one compartment to the other. You can often get them for $5.99. They are the same as the Stanley version without the label. The older models you could see where the Stanley label went. I even fashioned cabinets in which these are the drawers.
    This is the small unit inside the cabinet my CNC sits on. It contains ObenBuilds parts, endmills, and CNC clamps and their affiliated 1/4"-20 bolts and knobs.
    20181112_171820.jpg
    This is the larger one that has electronic components and other small things and is located on a wall shelf. It was still on the CNC after assembly in this photo. I can send you the dxf files if you want to do something similar. I planned to add this to the projects section, but have not got around to it yet.
    20181112_171553.jpg

MFCarew, Mark Carew, GrayUK and 3 others like this.
  4. sharmstr

sharmstr Veteran
    Builder

@Giarc I'm doing the same thing :)

Giarc likes this.