Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Ox cnc crashes randomly

Discussion in 'CAM' started by Xander de Boer, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Xander de Boer

Builder

I don’t know if this is the right topic for this but here I go.
    I have an ox cnc with a grbl shield with arduino and tb6600. I use fusion 360 with the grbl preset. I use universal g-code sender. When I jog everything is just fine, but when I load even the simplest gcode program, at the start it sometimes just rams down. It doesn’t follow the set stock point en sometimes after it is done it will plunge down into a feature and drag to a point. At this point I am clueless as to which can cause this. I hope you guys can help me! Thanks in advance

2. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Hi Xander,
    I moved this to the CAM area, I suspect the issue is a Fusion 360 settings or Post Processor issue. There are guys on here with more refined GRBL Posts that might help.
    Please post a cnc file (and GRBL settings) you have generated so we can see what the issue is.
    The only other thing would be an EMI issue due to router noise (or worse, brushless spindle), does it to the same things with the router power off and "cutting air"?
    Have you calibrated your steps and travels?
    Cheers
    Gary

3. Xander de Boer

Builder

I have calibrated my steps. I am using dewalt d26200 if that is of any help. I will post a cnc file tomorrow. I will also try cutting air tomorrow. Thanks for the reply anyway!

4. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

As @Gary Caruso said post a g-code file, and a Fusion file that has done this might be helpful.
    Alex.

5. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

first you need to always turn on the controller, or reset it (which happens when the PC connects), with the Z as high as it will go.
    this I call 'faking the home' and if you search this forum you will find a lot more detail on it.

all Gcode generators assume that Z HIGH is where home is, as this is what is used in industry for safety. by assuming that, they can generate code that works safely across thousands of machines.

then, you need to set the heights in fusion correctly

if you are using the Fusion GRBL post, then do set the settings correctly since AutoDesk
    obviously never read the GRBL manual and the defaults are wrong.