Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Ox CNC Build UK Electronics - Im at a loss!

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Hayley Johansen, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Hayley Johansen

Builder

So long story short, I bought my kit back in 2014 from Colin at Robocutters, in the UK. Due to a series of circumstances, I’ve not been able to build it until now. Ooznest have been a great help with missing pieces, but feel bad relying to heavily on him. I’ve built all the structure, just need to get the support part cut shorter. But I’m sat looking at the electronics & they don’t look like those in Mark Carews video (which has been amazing). This is my first build & Im worried that what I have, might be wrong, or now completely out of date. So some opinions would be hugely appreciated- I’ll post photos of what came with my kit. I’ve fitted all the nema motors already. Thanks in adavan e

Attached Files:

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Hello @Hayley Johansen
    Wow the old OX CNC! Super cool to see one getting built!
    Ok on the your question, so I would say when it comes to the electronics and wiring ease of use with hackability in one have always been a struggle in the diy cnc stuff and is the main reason we worked so hard on bringing to market the OpenBuilds BlackBox . The BlackBox fills the need of both.
    Seriously if you want to save yourself a lot of potential headaches and frustrations but still have the modularity and an all in one plug and play powerful CNC controller, grab a BlackBox and watch the great "how to" wire up the WorkBee 1510 to a BlackBox video and you will be up and running in no time. The WorkBee and the OX setups will be basily the same.
    Thanks for the props and kind words my friend we look forward to bringing on tons more great videos and cutting edge tech so stay tuned! :thumbsup:

3. Hayley Johansen

Builder

Thanks so much for the reply & advice @Mark Carew cannot wait to get going with my Ox!

Mark Carew likes this.
  4. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Your more then welcome I know it will work out great for you and I wish you all the best with your Build and look forward to seeing your Projects! Thank you