Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Outside Cut Tool

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by RogerM1, Aug 7, 2019.

1. RogerM1

RogerM1 New
    Builder

Does anyone know if its possible to adjust the size of the contour width for getting into tight places for lettering,I have a home made cnc with Arduino and GRBL cant seem to get this puzzle .Thanks if you can assist

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

um, what software? the only real way to get into tight spaces is with a smaller bit diameter.

videos 5 and 13 in this list deal with cutting text from Sketchup. text is a 'complicated pocket' (-:

SketchUcam Howto - YouTube

3. Kevon Ritter

Kevon Ritter Veteran
    Builder

I'll echo above. This has absolutely nothing to do with the machine or control software. You can tell the CAM software that you are using a smaller end mill, but there are consequences if certain paths are overlooked.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. RogerM1

RogerM1 New
    Builder

Thank you Dave for the assistance , but I figured the bit size with be associated with the contour size , but when I use the open build milling software the size of the cut out is 4 time the size of the actual drawing for some reason Im not sure if it have something to do with the safe zone or perhaps the calibration but one day at a time and thing will come into focus .

Thank again