Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds Gcode Editor problem

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Mike Graham, Nov 21, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Mike Graham

Builder

Getting this message on my friends OpenBuilds GCODE editor tab when loading a file:

"If you need to edit it inside CONTROL, please use a standalone text editing application and reload it"

Same program Loads fine on my computer and I can see the whole program and edit it. his laptop isbrand new.

can anyone explain please?

Thank you!

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If file is too large, rather than bog down CONTROL, we'd rather not load it into the editor. Just run it. If you DO need to edit something first then:

3. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

you can also address the size of the file.... maybe he needs to turn on 'smoothing' in Fusion360 or a similar setting in other CAM software to reduce the number of lines of Gcode.
    This is probably a 3D carve finishing pass, right? you probably do not need a step over of less than bitdiam/4, do some tests on small quick carvings to figure it out.

4. Mike Graham

Builder

But this same program loads fine in my OpenBuilds software, I could see if it did the same in both machines, but not just one. Is there a setting for me to change to allow him to see/edit the program? He is running off the latest software download, I am running off of an upgrade from about 3 months ago. Thank you! Mike