Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds Control ver 1.0.376 - No BlackBox 4x showing up

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Rock T, Jun 18, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rock T

Rock T New
    Builder

I am trying to flash a .hex file to a DIY Arduino controlled Plasma Cutting Table (JD's Garage). In the YouTube instructions, using OpenBuilds Control's (v1.0.370) the Flash Firmware tool, it shows that a .hex file choice under the BlackBox 4X which is being used to flash the .hex firmware file. After I downloaded the Controls v 1.0.376 (latest version, 1.0.370 not available anymore?) and followed the exact instructions, I do not see the BlackBox 4X choice. Trying the BlackBox 32X or Interface choices, a selection for a .hex file is not given. Only a .bin file is given. This is not my forte' and I am lost. I only need to burn this firmware so I can use my plasma table. I've had problems before but then suddenly it "worked" but now I'm at a loss again. I am an absolute beginner and have no idea how all this works so keep it simple for "Stupid" person please. Thanks for any help in advance.

Note: I had all this working before but updates to Fusion 360 and trouble with blue tooth connections caused issues and updates (instructed by JD's Garage), I decided to start from scratch to make sure everything was "up to date" Bad Idea!! So now I'm dead in the water. I don't want my Plasma Table to turn into a "useless" dead space in my garage! :(

RockT

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Firmware for 4X box and downward

Note our support is available to our customers, as is support for our software. Contact JD for support for his machines, its not our responsibility.
    If he was recommending our BlackBox X32 for example, or using our motion components etc sure then you would be entitled to support. But all 3rd party components are not entitled to assistance, and as you can see - far too old anyway. You should have been on an X32, and ideally our Plasma :)

Rather, support the creators of the software:
    LEAD CNC 1010 Plasma Add-On
    BlackBox Motion Control System X32

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.