Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds CONTROL Software

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Mark Carew, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Resident Builder Project Maker Builder

Hi @Shqipetari - 250k is a pretty big job, if your machine is a little slow I would expect the 3D viewer to run into issues parsing it. Checkout the CONSOLE tab in the <f12> log (open devtools by pressing F12, click console, load the gcode, watch for errors/warnings)

OpenBuilds CONTROL cannot affect your job size. Check your steps per mm calibration, belt slip, skipped steps, or other mechanical reasons.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Hi @Wip when you have a chance to spare, can you repeat the tests using CONTROL and see if you can find the pattern (specific gcode line, action, message in the serial console tab, etc) so we can debug?

3. Peter Van Der Walt

v1.0.143 is out
    - Wont spam the log with Driverminder messages: Show it to you once, until the status changes again.
    - Removed some of popup systray notifications - could become a little annoying on Win10 (notification center vs old win7 style)
    - Improved stability if you connect to a board that has Pn:R in its grbl feedback messages (Soft Reset Button held down / certain XPRO v4s)
    - Be sure to check the Troubleshooting tab to see if Driverminder on the XPROv4 is holding down any of the buttons :)

Mark Carew and sharmstr like this.
  4. mrp192

mrp192 Well-Known
    Builder

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  5. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Hiya
    ho hum, my post has failed for your case of using a 1mm bit for those tiny slots.
    If you send me your fusion file I will try to solve it but meantime you can turn off all arc usage (an option in the post, I don't have fusion here at work so cannot point it out exactly) so the post only generates G1 moves and you will be able to get your parts cut.

The display in bCNC shows that for that slot it is actually trying to cut more of square with the straight edge displaced compared to the other slots, and because the end of the straight edge is misplaced the arc radii are incorrect. Very strange indeed.
    upload_2019-2-12_11-5-52.png

6. Naiggel

Naiggel Well-Known
    Builder

Hello guys!
    I'm having a issue since the controller got the last update. Stops running and disconect from the xproV3. Any suggestions?

Untitled-1.jpg

7. Peter Van Der Walt

Error 31 comes straight from the OS when the port itself disconnects: cable, emi, etc. There hasnt been changes to serial code in weeks

8. Peter Van Der Walt

V 1.0.144 is out.

If you saw this bug: It should be fixed now

Capture.PNG