Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds CONTROL Software

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Mark Carew, Oct 8, 2018.

1. kizmit99

kizmit99 New
    Builder

Hi all - it's not clear to me whether this is the proper place to ask this question or not - so feel free to point me in the right direction if not...

I'm using Control v1.0.238 and trying to setup a javascript macro. When I use the sendGcode() function it appears this simply queues the Gcode command for later sending. Is there a way to perform this function in a way that appears to operate synchronously, so that the macro waits for the Gcode to be sent and completed before continuing on? Also, is there a way to detect errors that may be thrown from the executed Gcode (even just an ok/bad indication would be good-enough)?

So - probably a better way to ask that is: Is there a way to sendGcode() then wait for an event that this gcode has completed? If so, is there a way to determine in/from the event whether the gcode was successful or not.

Thanks.

#1411 kizmit99, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Project Maker Builder Resident Builder

At this time, sendGcode does not return status directly, in part because Grbl sends the OK when it goes into the planner. Not when it is executed. So instead we monitor the other statusses and events.

Here is an example that does Help getting started with Javascript Macros in Control...

Of course Pull Requests are accepted at github.com/OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-CONTROL if you want to add a sendGcodeAndWait() function for example

#1412 Peter Van Der Walt, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  3. bo Toepfer

Builder

today I got my Lead 1010 router built to the point of wanting to be able to power up and move the machine, Following along with the youtube video. I do not get the same info on the software page I am not able to see the "alarms"to turn them off or on, I do not get any way to select a machine, did I miss something?

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Then its not alarmed.

Connect to controller. Then the Grbl Settings tab appears along the top

5. bo Toepfer

Builder

any further suggestion's? Thanks in advance.

6. Peter Van Der Walt

No further suggestions unless you have more details to work from?

It will only alarm if something is wrong (like you forgot to home - and have Homing cycle enabled - it will enter Alarm until you either Home or Unlock)
    You'll have to take the time to read the Grbl Wiki: gnea/grbl to understand How Grbl works. So if you don't get the alarm like Matt did in the Video, it means you probably don't have Homing enabled yet (great, better for beginners)

Also see docs:software:openbuilds-control [OpenBuilds Documentation] for an introduction to OpenBuilds CONTROL.

Beyond that, you'd need to tell as where you get stuck, show us whats on screen (screenshots are golden) or tell us a little more than the initial post did

Also watch