Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds CONTROL Software

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Mark Carew, Oct 8, 2018.

1. gmorse7

gmorse7 New
    Builder

I

I also have disappearing macros

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Ahh man, ok will check that out tomorrow.

3. txcomp

txcomp New
    Builder

I don't even have the little box with the + sign to add a new macro. The screen is completely blank.

upload_2020-4-14_20-38-51.png

4. dsteed7221

Builder

Is anybody else not getting any response from keyboard shortcuts on the latest version?

Jimbo498 likes this.
  5. Jimbo498

Jimbo498 New
    Builder

Ummmmm

Where did all of my MACROS go?

6. Batcrave

Batcrave Journeyman
    Builder

Confirmed - same on my Windows box (I haven't let the linux box update yet).

I can't say across the board (I can't actually use most of the shortcuts anyhow, since I don't have a grbl box hooked up to this PC), but I'm not seeing any response from the step size or incremental/continuous buttons.

This isn't entirely new, though. While the jog arrows themselves seem reliable, I've noticed that a lot of the other jog-related keys seem a little flaky as to when they will or won't work. I'd been holding off reporting it in hopes that I could come up with a reliable repro, but never quite managed to.

-Bats
    (...and then things happened. lots of things. bad things)

#1206 Batcrave, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    dsteed7221 likes this.
  7. Jimbo498

Jimbo498 New
    Builder

I installed the previous version of the software (got it on GitHub) and my macros came back (WHEW)......

8. Jimbo498

Jimbo498 New
    Builder

Peter,

I love the work that you do for this software it is BADASS! I recommend it to everyone I know that uses a CNC router.

Is it possible to turn off the auto update feature, can that be added?

I know i have the option of saying no when it asks however I would prefer to have the option of it not checking altogether.

I have a smoothie board running one of my machines and it only talks to version 150 and the update feature is a little annoying for that version.

Thanks again for all that you do!

9. Batcrave

Batcrave Journeyman
    Builder

Nope :(

I think you can probably flip back a few weeks and find the discussion (or a large part of it) if you're interested in the details, but allowing (or at least encouraging) users to spread out over an assortment of versions is fundamentally at odds with their view of the software & how they support it.

I understand a lot of the reasons (and even agree with a few of them), but as a user - and particularly a user during the software's teething period - I was definitely disappointed.

I was actually thrilled (no exaggeration - I was pleased beyond emoji) to see that the "No" option actually works now, since last I heard, even that looked like it might well be impossible (or at least too impractical to implement). Go Peter!

Oof. Yeah. That one's firmly in the "I'ma gonna update youz whetha youz likes it or not*!' phase, isn't it?

-Bats
    (*pinstripe suit and tommy gun modules are deprecated in this version)

Jimbo498 likes this.
  10. dsteed7221

Builder

Im not getting anything not even from up, down, left or right arrows if that's that you mean. Or are you talking about the arrows in the GUI?

11. Peter Van Der Walt

OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-CONTROL v1.0.224 fixes the bug related to Macros - old macros will reappear, no worries
    Keyboard jog was stuck because of the stack error higher up related to Macros

Batcrave likes this.
  12. Peter Van Der Walt

Thanks that was a big clue to finding the bug :)

Nowhere :) but there was an odd bug in 1.0.223 thats been fixed in 1.0.224 - they're back, and better than ever (new buttons, allowing longer titles, and comes with keyboard shortcuts now - worth it!)

macro1.PNG

Fixed in 1.0.224 - bug higher up the stack stops execution lower down too

Sadly Smoothie is no longer supported (think you might be the last remaining user) and even if (but we wont) we add an autoupdate change it will only apply to newer versions, sorry. you could however setup your local firewall to prevent your CONTROLv150 exe from accessing the internet at all, that will stop it from updating

Was a bug in Macros that also affected keyboard shortcuts for jogging (keyboard shortcuts for jogging, macros, and system related hardcoded ones like F6, F5, Ctrl+shift+i. etc are all tied together because the "window" catches the keys and send it down to the code)

Jimbo498 and dsteed7221 like this.
  13. dsteed7221

Builder

Everything seems to be working again in the new release! I was only able to monkey with it for a bit before sleepy time. Only thing I saw was jog function was not working in mobile wizard. All the other buttons seem to work on mobile though but I have spotty service where my machine is though so could very well be that.

Thanks for the quick fixes!

14. Peter Van Der Walt

Found that bug, but while I am in there I am also giving the jog page a bit of attention, its been neglected for a while :)
    - adding fullscreen view so you dont have to scroll
    - add continous jogging
    - Cleanup CSS a bit

I will release it later (just seeing if theres other hiding little bugs), but if you want to play with the new Jog page in the meantime, latest beta is available at AppVeyor

#1214 Peter Van Der Walt, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  15. Jimbo498

Jimbo498 New
    Builder

Peter,
    Thanks for the timely reply, as usual you are on point, thanks for the firewall tip ref the smoothie board!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  16. txcomp

txcomp New
    Builder

I haven't downloaded the new revision yet but since you said it's fixed, I'm sure it's fixed. I'm glad my detail helped find it and also very glad that it wasn't operator error this time.

Edit: Downloaded the newest version and I LIKE the new macro buttons!! I can read them from a distance now.

#1216 txcomp, Apr 15, 2020
  17. gmorse7

gmorse7 New
    Builder

Thanks for including custom probe capability!

v1.0.226 incremental jog not working on control screen, continuous works on both control screen and probe screen.

#1217 gmorse7, Apr 15, 2020
  18. Peter Van Der Walt

disabled till you connect to a board (; else you click the button and where's it to send the gcode to? Connect first (;

In the same way that the Play button, some menu items etc isnt available until you are connected

19. gmorse7

gmorse7 New
    Builder

Yes, dawned on me that that was the problem. Some days are better than others. I did edit the post afterwards and noted that the incremental jogging function stopped working (v1.0.226). Continuous jog works in both control screen and probe pop-up.

20. Peter Van Der Walt

Just tested, with 226, and Incremental works via mouse and keyboard, and Continuous too, works via keyboard and mouse. And the keyboard shortcuts for switching between Incremental/Continuous (/ and *) works, as well as the +/- keyboard buttons for step size.
    Also tested in Jog and probe screens (keep in mind Probe is Continuous only)
    How are you maybe doing it differently?

21. Peter Van Der Walt

Awesome feedback, glad you like it!

txcomp likes this.
  22. gmorse7

gmorse7 New
    Builder

Windows tablet PC touch screen, no mouse or keyboard. Has worked fine up to this point.

23. KaosCNC

KaosCNC Well-Known
    Builder

226 updated and none of my jog controls work on my touchscreen - home works .....

jobs will not run either.....

Now my Windows 7 machine same issue.... no jog controls working.

Laptop does not have touchscreen

There must be an issue with 226

rolling back to 224 -- should have looked for this before posting, sorry.

OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-CONTROL

#1223 KaosCNC, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2020
  24. Peter Van Der Walt

Right, there are changes that was necessary to add Continuous jog to the Mobile Jog wizard. Don't have access to a windowd machine with touch, so will send you debug later so you can help find what Windows+touch does different than Android for example (did test it on Android)

Incremental or Continuous or both?

I can't think of a change related to the run button, any more info? Ctrl+shift+i > Console any clues? What exactly doesnt run? Button not working, looks like it's running but machine isnt moving, etc (more details please)
    Tests fine here with keyboard and mouse?

25. Peter Van Der Walt

@gmorse7 - luck! I found my old Pipo X10 that I havent seen since the move last year, and on here:
    - Continuous jogging works via Touch. (great so the new code added to support Continuous jogging works on Windows and Android as I expected)
    - Incremental does not work via Touchscreen (Fixed in v1.0.227 now - was a race condition between the .on(touchstart) and .on(click) events )
    - Incremental and Continous still works via Keyboard and Mouse

@KaosCNC - on the Pipo (win10 with a touchscreen) I can jog using Keyboard and mouse in Incremental and Continuous no issue. Via touchscreen, Continuous works too (see line above, will work on click events for Incremental today and see whats happening there for touchscreens) - but I think your issue was something else (power off, machine in alarm mode, etc)

#1225 Peter Van Der Walt, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  26. Peter Van Der Walt

@gmorse7 (and others who'd like to help test) Beta of v1.0.227: AppVeyor
    Please test on your devices
    I tested:
    - Jog Incremental and Jog Continuous on TouchScreen (PipoX10)
    - Jog Incremental and Jog Continuous by Keyboard
    - Jog Incremental and Jog Continuous by Mouseclick
    - Jog Incremental and Jog Continuous via the Mobile Jog Widget

27. gmorse7

gmorse7 New
    Builder

incremental & continuous jog ok on touchscreen (Fusion 5 win 10) - macro buttons too

28. dsteed7221

Builder

Just gave it a run, to test mobile widget. Incremental jog seems to be working fine. Continuous throws a limit error for me every time. (homing with Soft limits enabled, Iphone, tried chrome and safari browsers) Also, choosing "yes" for full screen does not change anything vs without.

29. Peter Van Der Walt

iOS being a little restictive (; on Android it hides the address bar nicely so you don't have to scroll

Depends which error, but continuous needs machine homed (as it checks how far it can move when sending the move, based on work-coordinate systems) and all the relevant grbl settings like Max Travel, homing dir, homing pull-off, etc set correctly

30. dsteed7221

Builder

Machine homed correctly. It’s almost like it is sending a “double tap” with each tap. The double tap with mouse commands on the computer throw the same error.

Attached Files: