Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds Control pendant not working on old devices

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by LikelyLad, Jul 13, 2021.

1. LikelyLad

LikelyLad New
    Builder

Hi

I spent some time 'bringing back to life' a couple of old ipads to use for pendant control. However, they are having trouble loading the pendant throught the browser (stuck on 'Starting OpenBuilds CONTROL...").

I thought that as it's just a web page, it would work on anything despite age - can anyone point me in the direction of what the problem might be and any workarounds?

I've tried updating to the most current software possible on the ipads, and a variety of different browsers, to no avail.

Is it a port issue?

Thanks for any help.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Old device, old browser, outdated browser doesn't run modern codebase. Despite being in essence a "website" it still needs proper modern javacript engines etc to support modern code.

Different browsers on iOS still has to use Safari's rendering engine, so make sure iOS is up to date too, and Safari. Chrome should be the best option, provided whats underneath it is still up to date.

David the swarfer likes this.