Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds Control keyboard shortcuts

Discussion in 'CAM' started by ToddH, Dec 21, 2020.

1. ToddH

ToddH New
    Builder

Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts anywhere. I just found out that if I press enter it runs the job, even if the probe window is up.

What I really want is what keyboard shortcuts are there for selecting step increments. But having all of them would be great too.

2. JCCD

JCCD New
    Builder

ToddH likes this.
  3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Click Wizards and Tools > Customize Keyboard Shortcuts to not only view current (default) assignments, but you can also set your own :)

upload_2020-12-21_21-33-46.png

JCCD and ToddH like this.
  4. ToddH

ToddH New
    Builder

Awesome thanks!

5. Juss

Juss New
    Builder

Hello,
    Is it possible to restore the keyboard defaults? - I messed up but can't find a "restore defaults" option/button, thanks

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Not easily no, but just go through and reassign whatever buttons you want for each function. If the ones you want to use are already assigned just temporarily assign something else to the one you want to free up.

7. Juss

Juss New
    Builder

Thanks for the reply - all done now.
    Really enjoying the software - I've switched over from UGS and much prefer it - especially the flattening wizard and clean, crisp interface - keep up the good work!!

sharmstr and Peter Van Der Walt like this.
  8. slause

slause New
    Builder

been scrolling old forums looking for any info before i commented, but i am wanting to set a axis shorcut key. i have a shuttlepro which has a scroll wheel that i would like to use to move the cnc. i wanna set a button to the X axis and then be able to spin the wheel and jog the machines. any info

9. Peter Van Der Walt

A-Axis shortcuts is coming soon, but not available at this time (next version)

Other axes are already there, in Wizards and Tools > Customize Keyboard Shortcuts

10. slause

slause New
    Builder

I did not mean A axis....... sorry for the confusion, as of now in the shortcut area you can select to jog (X+ or X-) for example. what i am looking to do is to be able to press a button on the shuttlepro that will select 1 of the 3 axis (xyz), to then give that axis the command of the scroll wheel for when i jog. this is what i have and for example if i made (X axis = button 1) then i could use the scroll wheel to move the X axis. then another button for the Y, and so on. hope this makes sense.

Screenshot_20230828_171042_Messenger.jpg

11. Peter Van Der Walt

CONTROL accept keyboard inputs. Any other device you want to use is only usable if it can be configured to pretend to be a keyboard.

12. slause

slause New
    Builder

Correct I understand the whole process of using it, I have multiple buttons already programmed to the device..... I am trying to figure out how to explain this lol,

I want to press a button that has been programmed to select X axis, then have another button that selects the Y axis and same for the Z, after I press the button I want to be able to move the jog wheel to move the desired axis...

As of now it's set up program a button to X+ and then another button to X-......

I want a button for just the X axis then use my wheel to decide rather positive or negative...

I am sorry for the confusion trying my best to explain lol

13. Peter Van Der Walt

Understood, but as is, only keypresses as shown in the wizard is understood by the application. Anything else you want to do is either programmed externally or just not going to happen.

slause likes this.
  14. slause

slause New
    Builder

My apologies.... do you have any tips or advice to point me in the right direction to research and possibly do the programming to make it happen.. thanks for your help man

15. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team

there are various keyboard macro packages that can probably do it, you will have to do the programming though.
    AutoHotKey is what this guy uses to configure 3 keyboards to do amazing things in his video editor.

16. slause

slause New
    Builder

cool thanks for the link. i am playing around with it at the moment seeing if i can figure this out!