Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds Control and vcarve

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Robert Ferguson, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Robert Ferguson

Builder

I have just started using openBuilds control for my small 3018 router. I was using candle to send the gcode before, mostly i find the new software better - but i have a couple of issues:

1) Its minor, but i manually need to remove the first line of g Code generated by vectric vcarve before the job will run (T1M6) - using standards gcode mm in vcarve. Is this the only option?

2) This is a much more serious issue - detailed 3d carves dont preview or give a time estimate.I have tried multiple files with no joy. I dont think its a computer issue as my main pc is a 6 core/12 thread Xenon system.

Im realy looking to purchase a larger openbuilds cnc in the new year, but the 2nd issue is putting me of. Will Candle or UGS work with the openbuild kits?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You are using the wrong post processor. Grbl does not support M6. Use docs:software:vectric [OpenBuilds Documentation]
    Depends on your GPU but of course there is a limit. Many millions of lines will exhaust available webgl buffers. Use the preview in Vectric instead then.

Also see Eliminating Unnecessary Points from Vectors in VCarve, Aspire, and Cut 2D - Mark Lindsay CNC

Or configure toolpaths with smoothing to cut down on the sheer number of moves.

See docs:software:overview [OpenBuilds Documentation]

3. Robert Ferguson

Builder

Thanks for the quick reply. I have changed to the correct post processor.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.