Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Openbuilds cnc X1250 Y2500 feasible?

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Ludorioli, Dec 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ludorioli

Ludorioli New
    Builder

Hello I am French and I am going to create my Vans build company and I want to acquire a CNC.

I will mainly cut plywood in maximum 3cm - 3/4^, I would like a cnc with a work surface of X1250 Y2500.
    rather belt, screw?
    is it possible ?

do you have a reseller to advise me for this size?

I will send you a photo of the product that I will make

Thanks, have a good day

Attached Files:

2. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

Yes, it's possible. If you search this forum you'll find a few that already built this size of a machine. You could use belts, it will give you higher speed, but the belt has to be about 15mm to achieve acceptable accuracy.

As for the seller, I think most people who build this size of a machine build it themself and not from a kit since they are way less expensive.

3. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Systems on this site are more for hobbyists than commercial production work and they really don't scale up well to full sheet work or fast cutting. As JustinTime suggests building your own design from heavier and stiffer materials is a much better route. If creating your own system is a bit beyond your skill level consider Avid CNC.