Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Openbuilds Cam Plasma

Discussion in 'CAM' started by Erik van Trijp, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Erik van Trijp

Builder

Hi,

I tried to use sheetcam to generate a file for the openbuilds controller. Gcode looks fine, with plasma touchoff etc. but the openbuilds software errors on "a G-code command implicitly or explicitly requiers XYZ axis words in the block, but none were detected. [N0130 G02 I0.0000 J-07500 F2500.0]. Seems like the openbuilds loves xyz coordinates, but can't find a setting in sheetcam to give that output.

So, going to Openbuilds CAM. There is a setting for Plasma: Initial Height sensing G-Code. What do i need to put there for plasma touchoff? I have a floating z-axis with a switch connected to the touchplate connection on the openbuilds controller...

Frustrating.. so close to my first cut :)

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

O
    OpenBuilds CONTROL just sends your GCODE to GRBL, we dont generate any errors, so if you get an error, that is Grbl that doesnt like it :)

Checkout this thread: Plasma cutting table where there are other users discussing the same issue, and found a post processor for sheetcam that works