Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds Cam help

Discussion in 'CAM' started by kyle corbin, Jan 20, 2023.

1. kyle corbin

Builder

hello all new user here. im using fusion 360 to make my projects then export to openbuilds cam software. im problem is i can not see my project in openbuilds cam. i am exporting it to .DXF file. to reupload it to openbuilds cam

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Are you new to Fusion? The cam facilities in Fusion are much superior to Openbuilds Cam - that is a free, get you started programme and is deliberately kept as simple as possible. In the long run you will be much better learning how to use the cam facilities in Fusion. Let us know the sort of work you are doing and we can steer you towards learning resources.
    ;
    Alex.

PS, if you do use Fusion cam make sure you use the Openbuilds post processor;-

docs:software:fusion360 [OpenBuilds Documentation]

3. kyle corbin

Builder

I am fairly new to fusion and honestly the only reason why i used the openbuild cam for its simplicity. I'm not doing anything crazy. mainly acrylic doing cut-outs and engraving.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You can go from any CAD > into OpenBuilds CAM - but you have to make the file compatible. DXF R14, everything inside converted to PolyLines: See docs:software:file-errors [OpenBuilds Documentation]

Fusion of course has its own CAM built in too, and if you have it - spending a little time learning it - would be to your own benefit. Its much more powerful. There are awesome tutorials on YouTube

5. kyle corbin

Builder

im not opposed to learning it i just purchased this machine and just want to play with it. if that makes sense

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder