Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Open Vectors

Discussion in 'CAM' started by ChaseCortright, Apr 3, 2020.

1. ChaseCortright

Builder

So I'm new to open builds cam and I'm having a problem with open vectors popping up in circles/holes in open builds cam. I've attached pictures of the the circles in fusion and open builds cam. Ive previously had the same part laser cut, from the same dxf file with no problems. There is no gap when imported into the lasers cam software, so i have no idea where the problem is coming from. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Export as DXF PolyLine R14 format. Newer version of the DXF format has not been as well reverse-engineered as the older R14 spec

3. Mark.s

Mark.s New
    Builder

Hi Peter
    I have the same problem with open vectors, but i use QCAD and it dont have a "DXF PolyLine R14 format" ?
    When I click "Save As" i do have 3 lines with R14 , dwg and dxf (and they are not working) but no dxf polyline format
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
    Manne

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Polyline conversion is done in the CAD workspace inside QCAD: Search Results for Query: Qcad polyline from selection | OpenBuilds
    Then save as R14 DXF