Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Ooznest Workbee Screw Driven CNC

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Liviu Lita, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Liviu Lita

Builder

Hello guys,

I've been using a Screw Driven Ooznest Workbee CNC for about 2 years. I primarily use it for drilling aluminium ( flat bars, profiles etc. ) Everything was fine until about a month ago, when the quality of the cut began to deteriorate.

I'm using an Amana Tool - 51496 - Solid Carbide CNC Aluminium Cutting Up-Cut Spiral End 'O' Flute Router Bit - 6mm x 20mm - 6mm Shank - 64mm Length

• pass depth - 4mm
    • stepover - 1.2 mm
    • spindle speed 12000 mm
    • feed rate 1000 mm/min
    • plunge rate 360 mm/min

When the drill's quality began to deteriorate, I experimented with different configurations, lowering the values of the cutting parameters. There was no change. Could you please give me some advice if you've had similar problems?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards!

pic.jpg

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Over time fasteners can vibrate loose, wheels can go out of adjustment. Time to do some maintenance and check over all the wheel adjustments, make sure all screws are still tight and that the machine is still set up nicely. Turn off the router, and hold the endmill, give it a wiggle and see what moves (that shouldn't) - following the feeling of free play is easier by hand than sight as your touch senses can detect very tiny movements.

3. Liviu Lita

Builder

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your fast answer!

Best regards!