Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

ooznest workbee macros

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by AntonyCNC, Feb 27, 2021.

1. AntonyCNC

AntonyCNC New
    Builder

Hello Id like some help with jogging macros I have a 1000, 1500 screw driven workbee, once it has homed all axis id like it to jog to the front of the machine, I need some examples to go from thank you

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Is this with the Duet controller? If so you do not even need a macro - you can use the "send code" box.
    In your example (front left) use the machine co-ordinate system - G53 G0 X10 Y10 would move at your maximum speed to a position 10 mm away from the front, left corner. It would be good practice to raise Z first.
    If you wanted to write it as a macro that would only need two lines.
    G53 G0 Z90 (raise Z 4 mm below the home position)
    G53 G0 X10 Y10 (go to 10 mm away from the front left corner)
    Strictly speaking there's more code needed for absolute safety, but the Duet starts up in absolute mode (moves to an absolute position rather than one relative to the current position) and in metric rather than imperial.
    Personally I use the send code box - the Duet remembers any commands you type in there and gives you a drop down list next time you click in the box - so you only have to type a command once.
    Alex.

sharmstr likes this.
  3. AntonyCNC

AntonyCNC New
    Builder

Thank you that has helped alot, jogging to the front is a pain and yes I have the duet 2 wifi with ooznest firmware. I plan on using repeatable macros some made in cad for dove joints etc and some hand coded to move to certain positions and a mix of the two. Can you expand on the safety aspects ? I also seen your reworking of the standard pause, resume macros and in the code it looked like you had included dialog boxes as confirmations or intermediate steps that were manual am I right?

4. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Basic safety would be to add (at the beginning of a macro) G90 (absolute mode) and G21 (mm).
    Also, if you are using the macro to move around in the workplace coordinates system, add the appropriate code for the wcs (G54 ~G59) you are using.
    I suggest spending time reading the Duet g-code wiki to see what you can do, especially with the M291 message box.

Gcode dictionary

Have a play and come back with specific questions.
    Alex.

#4 Alex Chambers, Feb 28, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2021