Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Ooznest "Workbee" CNC Full Kit

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Colin Mccourt, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Colin Mccourt

Colin Mccourt Journeyman
    Builder

Hi
    Being new to Desktop CNC machines, I have gone ahead and ordered the above kit from Ooznest (UK) awaiting delivery.
    To be specific
    • 750mmx1000mm Screw Driven
    • Black Anodise
    • Makita Router
    • Dust Shoe
    • WiFi Connectivity
    As for Cam Software I opted for the basic Cut2D for now with a view to upgrading later as I get to grips with this new venture... (I want to V Carve at a later date)
    Makita Collets, Router and Dust Shoe shims along with the End Mill Starter kit.

I have been checking out the forum boards and videos prior to delivery to familiarize myself with the mechanical and electronics builds......I have found 2 videos, and although they may not specifically relate to my machine exactly, I'm thinking that for the mechanical side at least with a few minor differences the build would be very similar....
    These are the videos I've found (complete walkthroughs for the Workbee 1050
    Are there specific Videos for my machine to compliment the manuals ?? or as I've stated, are all the machines from the Workbee stable built to a similar modular fashion.
    Please advise

Regards
    C

PS. I recognize that my machine will probably be using a new style Controller different from the one shown in the 1050 build vid.

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I have an OB version of the workbee, but found a few ooznest videos very helpful. Check out their Youtube channel here. I believe they recently switch to a Duet controller, so you're probably better off watching their videos for the electronics.

Calibrate your wheels: