Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Odd issue with Control Software

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Dave Dreher, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Dave Dreher

Builder

Hello. Workbee. Black box, control software.

have about 30 hours of run time. Some issues but worked it all out.

I had a 2 hour cut. I ended up trying to stop it at 6 hours. Router was cutting short jerky strokes. Control software was unresponsive. Would not pause, stop. I ended up just pulling the plug.

Nothing too odd with the code. I run 3 separate facing jobs before cutting final one.

will say it would not generate a 3-d preview. Just sits there and spins. Medium sized file. Have run others that are much larger.

I am getting an error posting code from fusion 360. I’ll post that in a bit

thoughts?

2. Dave Dreher

Builder

That was weird. I had open the task manager and closed Control. Manually lifted Z and turned box back on. Started up on the cut again... so opened Control and still had dead buttons. Shut everything down. Done with it for the night.

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If buttons dont respond its more likely Grbl hitting an alarm or error. Reset your controller too (or give it all a power off, then power on. Pc, controller, power supply all together)

4. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Journeyman
    Builder

Try disabling "3D Preview System" and updating video drivers.

5. Dave Dreher

Builder

Back up. Running same program. Just shut everything down and restarted. Here is the error I am getting in fusion. Not sure why it’s upside down Still not showing a preview but it will run program.

84871F72-29FA-4999-A110-3BD8B26919A6.jpeg

6. Dave Dreher

Builder

I have some small file finish paths to go. See if that populates. Looks like I was able to salvage my material. So happy about that.

7. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team

That's a warning (not an error) to let you know that its going to default to the G54 work coordiate since you didnt specify a work offset. You can either ignore it, or set your WCS to 1 in your CAM setup.

Alex Chambers likes this.
  8. Peter Van Der Walt

Did you see step 4.2 in the BlackBox Documentation: OpenBuilds BlackBox 4X Documentation if not that might play a role too

What is the specs on your machine?
    CPU?
    RAM?
    Video Card?
    Laptop or Desktop?

9. Dave Dreher

Builder

Peter. I'm using an old desktop from our Architectural firm. Beast of a machine when new, but that was 10 years ago....I'm sure that's contributing. And may be the sole problem. I have another machine we are retiring, only 5 years old, I'll see if I can get my hands on it.
    I ran 8-10 different cut files since the oddity above (another 15 hours of cutting). All went great, all populated in the preview. Even files that were larger than the one I had issues with. I'm guessing its something with the file export from fusion, what I told it to do in fusion,,,, my CPU, something.

My machine is open builds for everything but the extrusions and plates. 1500x1000. I love it, my wife hates it.....LOL...and my 2 year old thinks we have a bunch of bees in the garage.

Peter Van Der Walt and sharmstr like this.
  10. Peter Van Der Walt

Ahh yes, sadly a very old machine may stumble over some webgl wobbles every now and then, do check USB Selective Suspend though as mentioned above, point 4.2 in the BlackBox Documentation at docs.openbuilds.com