Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

NewBee - Ooznest Workbee

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by G-Wizard, Feb 25, 2019.

1. G-Wizard

G-Wizard New
    Builder

Exactly that @Alex Chambers, the Workbee will be on a board that I can slide in and out for access. The hatch at the back will allow access to the Duet etc, but it will have to come out for access to the sides. It's going to be in the corner of the garage, so I wouldn't have access to get at the sides of the machine anyway. I sized the enclosure so that I could soundproof the dust extractor as well. Not sure how well this will work though. There will be two doors on the front of the main enclosure, and a door for the dust extraction.

I'm using lift-off hinges for the doors on the main enclosure. I don't have the space to open them right the way back to get the machine out, so the next best thing was to lift them off and move them out the way. I thought about a door that opened updwards, but it would be heavy, and I couldn't figure out an effective way of keeping it held open.

Dimensions of the enclosure are 1.9m (H) X 1.4m (W) X 1.4m (L). This gives a footprint size of 1.2m X 1.2m for the Workbee itself.

Cheers,
    Graeme