Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

New to all of this 3d printing

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Sting, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Sting

Sting New
    Builder

If this isnt the correct place for this, I apologize in advance.

I'm looking to start 3d printing, I already have 4 or 5 projects lined up. There is so much info available and it is like drinking from a fire hose. My question is probably eash, Is it possible to build a printer, starting with zero experience, that is similar to a printer like the ender 5 style machine? I'm confident the answer is yes. The real question is, is there a place to understand the alternative approaches,or do people just learn as they go along?

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

3. Sting

Sting New
    Builder

I have, and will continue to as I learn more. they don't answer some questions though. For example. With a linear actuator in the y direction, how much of the length is usable? I assume I start with the sizes of the moving parts to get the print volume I want, then build out from there?

4. Sting

Sting New
    Builder

I think I have settled in on a D-Bot style printer. Lots of documentation and builds that one can look at to see how things were done. Only one real question, If this will be my first 3d printer, I can't print the parts for a printer because I don't have one. I have searched, probably not exhaustive, but lots of time spent, Is there a way to buy them somewhere?

5. ozzy66

ozzy66 New
    Builder

Yes Sting, it is possible to purchase pre-printed parts for a D-Bot style 3D printer.
    There are several options available to you:
    There are several online retailers that specialize in selling 3D printer parts, including pre-printed parts for specific printer models like the D-Bot. These retailers often have a wide selection of parts to choose from and can be a good option if you're looking for specific parts or upgrades for your printer.
    You can search for D-Bot style printer parts and get the files, then take it to a local 3D printing service, who will print it for you. Some 3D printing services offer pre-printed parts for specific printer models like the D-Bot. You can usually find these services by searching online here. They will print the parts you need and ship it to you. Some companies sell D-Bot style printer kits which include all the necessary parts and instructions for assembly. The parts are pre-printed, so you don't have to worry about printing them yourself.
    It's worth noting that pre-printed parts may be more expensive than printing them yourself, but it can be a good option if you don't have access to a 3D printer or if you're looking for specific parts that are difficult to find or print.