Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

New laser module connection to black box

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Bobbolink, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Bobbolink

Bobbolink New
    Builder

Just received my Endurance laser module and trying to figure out how to connect PWM and a set of wires called Analog wiring to the black box. Watch a video on connecting to the tool section but I don't see anything concerning the analog wiring or where it connects. I have several questions concerning the changing from router operation to laser operation. Do you have to change the chip inside the black box back and forth to operate either the laser or the router.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Best to direct laser module specific questions to the laser module vendor. PWM, etc are standard interfaces, how their module needs to be wired is something they should provide documentation for

3. Bobbolink

Bobbolink New
    Builder

Everything is pre-wired to laser. Don't have to worry about it. It is the connection to the black box that I worry about. The PWM are 2 wires red and black I believe it connect just like the video states. The Analog wires are the same I just don't see anything on the video's about it or how to connect to the black box. Do we have to pull the blue chip out when operating the laser then replace it when operating the router?

4. Peter Van Der Walt

So maybe docs:blackbox:connect-4-wire-laser [OpenBuilds Documentation]

That's why I say, the laser vendor should provide some docs. What is this input for, what spec voltage does it need? Does it need to be wired up? Is it an optional input for controllers without PWM to use an Analog instead? We can't answer that - they should

See how the good laser vendors like Jtech and Optlaser have documentation and even adapter cables: - you get what you pay for with a reputable vendor in not only documentation, videos and wiring, but also in tech support.

The videos are not using that vendor's lasers.

Are you referring to the Relay Jumper? docs:blackbox:jumper-relay [OpenBuilds Documentation] - it should be removed for Laser, and also for IoT purposes. It gets fitted for Plasmas.

If you run a Laser and a Router, see the newer switch driven wiring method: docs:blackbox:iot-and-laser [OpenBuilds Documentation]

5. Bonifacio Perez

Builder

Question: In the Blackbox 6.4.1 Connection Diagram for the Connecting both an IOT Switching Relay for a Router and a Laser, the connection to the blackbox is showing the Red wire being connected to the GND on the Tool Head connector, Is this corrected or a typo?

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Indeed incorrect. Will fix tomorrow. Good catch. Just the colors got flipped.