Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

New INTERFACE with "probe file not found"

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by Grzegorz_PL, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Grzegorz_PL

Builder

I have brand new INTERFACE, and it is connected to the wi-fi, firmware is brand new as well: 1,47. I can move my spindle in all three axes, set home. Nevertheless, I have two important issue:;
    1. when I try to use my X/Y/Z Probe, there is a message "probe file not found" - probing process work fine from Openbiuld Control on my PC
    2. I can't use flash drives; all of them formated into FAT32
    Could you help me?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

https://docs.openbuilds.com/interface - section 3.3 applies to copy the probe files to the USB drive - however, as the files are stored on the USB, see below first (as that issue may prevent the drive from being accesible)

Just make sure to try the FAT32 process from docs:interface:fat32format [OpenBuilds Documentation] if you have not yet. If that does not help, please contact the store at http://support.openbuilds.com/support/home and they may be able to assist with your USB issue

Grzegorz_PL likes this.
  3. Grzegorz_PL

Builder

When I have files for the probe on my USB drive formatted into FAT32, then how transfer those files from the USB drive into INTERFACE? Is there any dedicate function on the INTERFACE?

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

No, it just reads them off USB at the time you run a probe, just like it does for any other file.

Make sure you used CONTROL > Wizards and Tools > Prepare USB for Interface as described in the link above to copy them to the USB, and the USB is plugged in, working, and you can browse it properly from the Interface, then the Probe code will read the Probe files off USB too. If you cannot read USBs, refer the earlier post and get in touch with the Store.