Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

New Build 120W RF Iradion Laser, servo motrs, controller

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by Ollieg, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Ollieg

Ollieg New
    Builder

I'm about to start a build of my 5th laser cutter (which should replace 2 of the others) I have a list of points I am hoping to find solutions/suppliers for any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm planning on using thr 120W Iradion RF laser source I have had good performance thus far from this tube however I have had to have 2 replaced in the last couple of years. The question I have is, what is a suitable controller for such a tube (my other machines that ust the tubes are trotecs) is there a ruida controller that will work with the tube or any other suggestions?

Y axis, I am wanting a fully integrated Y axis a Linear rail with integrated belt and track system idealy 40x40 cross section size max and with a 5m/s ability. Suggestions for suppliers, wanting the type with belts that fully seal the channel and dont have a gap.

Suppliers of 30mm wide pullys and belts.

Planning on using the servo motors BL42XL from Elra, has anyone used them? I have only ever used Nema 23 and 34 stepper motors, will I need to do anything different with the motion controller to accept the servo motors?

Thanks!