Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

New 1515

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Bug Report' started by Northern designer, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Northern designer

Builder

Good day folks, i recently bought and assembled a 1515 machine. i was in the process of doing a spoil board and it started running into an alarm and an error code, it was alarm1 and error code 9, i had previously ran it for a bout 2 hours doing the relief pockets and drill throughs for 110 t-nut clamp down holes. it was when i was running the openbuilds surfacing wizard it happened, the first time was about 15 minutes into the surfacing and i had to restart the second time i got about 10inches further into it. can anyone point me in a direction to figure this out. being brand new i wasn't expecting issues so soon this out. being brand new i wasn't expecting issues this soon here is the pictures i took of the screens after wards

20210323_212807.jpg 20210323_212638.jpg

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Northern designer

Builder

Thanks man this might be the issue as we fed the router power cable down the cable tray right beside the z motor power line and the micro limit switches . I will try this tonight and report back thank you

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. Northern designer

Builder

Thanks Peter this seems to have been the issue and we did the swing arm but because we did not get an openbuilds table we modified a bit and made it a bit flashier with pillowblock bearings it is a smooth swinger haha

5. Northern designer

Builder

good day Peter i am having issues with my 15 15 again it keeps on getting out of sync like one y axis stops for a second or two and it becomes unsquare. any ideas to help with this?

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Bad wiring: see docs:blackbox:faq-identify-motor-coils [OpenBuilds Documentation] - could even be breaks inside the insulation, or a loose terminal , as during the move it looses connection when it tugs on wiring

also check grub screws on shaft couplers, could be slipping on motor or leadscrew shafts.

7. Northern designer

Builder

thanks man i will try this i sure hope no broken wires as this is a brand new machine and we are just getting started i will check continuity and grub screws tonight thanks i will report back

8. Northern designer

Builder

so no broken wires in the motors or in the wiring, grub screws were tight as heck as well as the coupler clamping screws any thing else to try

9. Peter Van Der Walt

Too high acceleration or max rate in grbl settings
    Too aggressive a cutting recipe
    A wiring break that only appears with the wire bent at a certain radius (replace cable and see if issue goes away)
    Mechanical components binding up (clean leadscrews, adjust wheels, etc)

10. Northern designer

Builder

so i loaded the grbl settings designed by you in the open builds cam control and it jumps even when not carving, the wiring is brand new and doesn't move as it is on the y axis motors and it lays stationary but i will reach out to customer service see if they can send me new wiring

11. Peter Van Der Walt

Well, do test by turning down max rate and acceleration on that axis. See gnea/grbl - no two builds are alike, the default profiles are just to start out from, from there you tweak to your specific machine.

12. Northern designer

Builder

so try 300 acceleration y instead of 350 ?

13. Northern designer

Builder

i have it tracked down as to y1 motor is the one stopping

14. Peter Van Der Walt

Which is most likely still wiring. And as you said. Its brand new, so still possible a connection with some pinched insulation, stripped too short, inserted below the cage instead of into the cage, etc. Human factor always a suspect (;

15. Northern designer

Builder

ok i changed speeds to 3000 and acceleration to 300 i will pull all wires and insert again