Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

NEJE 30 Watt Diode LAser -- black box help

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by Mark Lytle, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Mark Lytle

Builder

I hoping someone could help me out in beginners terms, we all had to start somewhere :0) I grabbed a DEJE 30 Watt Doide laser and am wanting to connect it up to my router table which runs all OB stuff, black box and control. I am totally lost on wiring for what I have and how to get it connected to the black box correctly other than positive and negative correct and use the toolhead port. The laser came with a small control board which is 12v, do I need this if I am connecting to the BB directly? Separate power supply or will it get power from toolhead? -- Super sorry as I am new and dont understand everything totally. Any help is appreciated, I have looked through the docs, however I am unsure if I have 3 wire or 4 aghhh! lol

Attached Files:

2. Mark Lytle

Builder

update -- I will need theboard :0)

Staring at this thing lol-- so connecting to the black box directly I should not need the small control board that came with it I think lol -- ----Looking at the 4 wire that came with it coming from the laser, the red/ black would be 12v power(laser is 12v, Ill order one ) and the yellow/green pwm and ground right? If anyone could comment would be awesome :0)
    thank you

Attached Files:

#2 Mark Lytle, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  3. Mark Lytle

Builder

Ok so reading around and stumbling through everything -- I have the laser working using the small board that it came with and understand the flow of it now (well I think lol) so output of that board had several options, 1 of which being the a 2 wire --- my question I guess now is once the jumper is removed from black box, will that effect the router at all-- so I would have to reinstall the jumper every time I wanted to use the router vs the laser? - I know I have to change the $ for router vs laser. Not sure why noone has chimed in, did i say something wrong ? lol

Mark

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Nothing wrong said :) just no one has that laser probably

Relay jumper is not used for Router. See docs.openbuilds.com > blackbox > IoT relay section, or VFD section. The relay is used as a Plasma trigger.

You will have to change laser mode $32 yes

5. Mark Lytle

Builder

Thank you Peter-- just wanted to clarify :0)

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  6. Josh whittaker

Builder

hi ihave the same laser, i have enabled $32 and taken the jumper out but the laser still wont come on when i click "tool on"

7. Peter Van Der Walt

For wiring details of the module, refer to the supplier you purchased the module from. The PWM signal out of the BlackBox is just a PWM signal, the laser itself needs to be wired correctly and powered correctly

8. Josh whittaker

Builder

i see, i thought the PWM would supply the 12v to power the laser. looks like il need 12v dc power supply then?

9. Peter Van Der Walt

Generic laser documentation is in the docs: docs.openbuilds.com/blackbox but always cross reference the module's own documentation - we cannot document every module that exists unfortunately, so our documentation covers the generic concepts

10. sutharvj66

Builder

black box is 24volt and laser module is 12 v . how does it work?

11. Peter Van Der Walt