Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Need Help Interface g code issues

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by ZZEUSCHEL, Nov 12, 2021.

1. ZZEUSCHEL

ZZEUSCHEL New
    Builder

Hi just got my interface a few days ago I've been trying to run my first job using the included USB flash drive. the job comes up as a green g code file on the interface, the job starts to run smooth but as soon as the router starts to go along my first circle the machine starts skipping as it cuts around the circle. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. ZZEUSCHEL

ZZEUSCHEL New
    Builder

Thank you for the reply @Peter Van Der Walt, I feel as if its something to do with the way I'm exporting the g code from my computer. I don't think the machine or wiring have any issues just because for the last few weeks I've been running the machine smoothly with a wired setup. no interface just a laptop with the control software and a wire plugged into the backbox. its only when i try to use the interface that it does the skip like movements. its hard to explain but its like its intentionally skipping.

4. ZZEUSCHEL

ZZEUSCHEL New
    Builder

Should have clarified this in the first post its my first job using the interface my bad

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Interface just sends the gcode along, just like the computer would. Switch back to computer, run the same file, same settings, same zero point etc to confirm

6. ZZEUSCHEL

ZZEUSCHEL New
    Builder

I will switch back to computer and let you know. Open builds cam has a save g code button am I supposed to be using that to get my g code file? I'm very new to all this so I'm just trying to make sure I'm putting the right file onto the flash drive. I just feel like its something to do with the file but I could be wrong. I only use open Builds cam at the moment so that's where I'm doing everything tool path and g code related.

7. Peter Van Der Walt

Correct, save Gcode.

8. ZZEUSCHEL

ZZEUSCHEL New
    Builder

So I did switch back to computer and I had no issues running a job on my machine. I've tried a lot of different things to make the interface work but it does the skipping every time. At this point im most likely going to try and return the interface and ill have to go back to using a laptop.

9. Peter Van Der Walt

Is your Interface Firmware up to date? V1.47 is current

docs:interface:firmware-update [OpenBuilds Documentation]

Post some pics of the "skipping" as machine going off path is unlikely to be Interface. Or perhaps skipping is the incorrect word, thus putting us on the wrong Troubleshooting path. Please elaborate?

#9 Peter Van Der Walt, Nov 21, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021