Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

My " Hello World" job only carved as big as a stamp. I'm not sure what to do.

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by mbourassa, Jan 1, 2020.

1. mbourassa

mbourassa New
    Builder

Hi, I am using the Blackbox along with the CONTROL software and the Cam G code generator software. I was trying to carve the free Hello world template. I have the Control software setup to use the blackbox and the workbee 1510. I also have the G code generator set to the workbee 1510. I did a dry run first and it seemed to be moving all over the place like it should. I inserted the bit and piece of wood to run the real thing. When i did, it only made it about the size of a stamp. I tried restarting the job, restarting computer, re installing software, checked drivers, flashed firmware, and even tried saving G code and opening it up as a saved file verses transferring from G code generator. The size of the cutout looks correct in the toolpath but only cuts the size of a stamp. I tried to look for solutions on my own but could not find anything. Also just to note: When I open the G code generator it recognizes the tool but keeps going back and forth with the control software. Saying install Control software back to transfer G code. Also in Control software I get a error message saying Websocket : control may have quit or crashed. Any help would be great as I was ready to run my first cut. Thank You
    Running: windows 7 laptop
    Intel celeron 2.20 ghz
    64 bit OS
    3Gb ram

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

OpenbuildsCONTROL > Grbl Settings > load the correct profile to your machine as well

Remember to hit Save and Reset

For your other two issues, try a different PC.

3. mbourassa

mbourassa New
    Builder

Hi, I still am having this problem. I switched out laptop to a desktop PC. That solved all issues other than it is still cutting the size of a stamp. I now am able to check size, and it also is only showing the size of a stamp. Everything else is working great. 3D viewer and simulation. I just can't figure out why it won't see it normal size. Some thoughts that I thought of were: i am using nema23 high torque motors, so would any changes need to be made by using the default workbee 1510 settings? Another thing is, I only changed the limit switch jumper to 5v and left everything else factory set in the Blackbox. Should I be changing any other jumpers? last is that I noticed my jogs were not going as far as they should be. so a 100mm jog would go maybe 50mm. I am just out of thoughts and searched everywhere for something. No luck. Thanks for any help

4. mbourassa

mbourassa New
    Builder

I got it to the right size. I used the wizard tool and calibrated my Axis points with steps/mm. And got my first job done. Thank you for all your help Peter.

ArthurS and Peter Van Der Walt like this.
  5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If ever in doubt, read docs.openbuilds.com and github.com/gnea/grbl/wiki :)

Glad you are sorted

mbourassa likes this.